DOWNLOAD AND PRINT A LIST OF PROMPTS
Here's few suggestions
to start building!
- Build a Rigamajig that can lift something.
- Build a Rigamajig you can get inside.
- Build a contraption to take you to the center of the earth.
- How many different ways can you join three pieces?
- Build a contraption to send a bucket from one place to another.
- Create something with four legs and a tail.
- Give it a name. Make up a story about where it came from.
- Build a structure that would allow you to live on a cloud.
- Build a contraption that would allow you to ride a whale.
- Tell a friend about your invention.
- What is the tallest structure you can make with 5 pieces?
- Using 15 pieces make a contraption that can hold a 10 lb. bag of potatoes.
- What can you build with 20 pieces?
- Tell and write how your contraptions work.
- Make a structure that incorporates a balloon in a useful way.
- Make a structure that incorporates an empty box.
- Make a structure that incorporates a chair.
- Use the Rigamajig to make a friend.
- Now that you have made a structure...look at your neighbor’s creation and find a way to join your two structures to make a new one. What might it do?
- Draw a picture of your Rigamajig creation and label the parts. Next, tell your neighbor instructions for how it works.
- Invent your own prompts, or play without prompt!